Sunday, July 15, 2001

Stimulation Day 2, Day 52 of IVF Prep, Cycle day 5

Yesterday evening I noticed that my right deltoid muscle (where the IM shot was given) was pretty sore. This morning it felt like I had been punched in the arm. By this evening it is only a little sore. Immediately after the second IM shot (in the other arm) this evening, I massaged the area for a couple of minutes then moved my arm around a lot to keep the muscle moving. The left arm (today's) feels about the same as the right arm (yesterday's), so I would recommend lots of movement right after the shot to get the medicine absorbed instead of letting it stay in the injection area.

We told one more person today. I'm still amazed at how supportive everyone is when we tell them. My brother and SIL didn't realize that we are doing IVF until yesterday when we told them exactly what the shots were for. I'm starting to recognize what a good support system we have. There aren't a lot of people that we want to share something this personal with, but they are all being so supportive that it sure feels good to know they are praying for us and will help out however they can.

No comments: