Saturday, July 14, 2001

Stimulation Day 1, Day 51 of IVF Prep, Cycle day 4

Yesterday's entry seems pretty harsh toward my RE's office and the pharmacy. I really was annoyed at the changes and prescription mistakes at first. Now I'm not so mad. Both the pharmacy and the RE's office were quick to correct the error or discrepancy, and they were also both very professional about everything. I'm really happy with the service and care that I am receiving. But my moral is still true, take responsibility for your own treatment -- know what medicines you should be getting and what treatment protocols you have been told -- ask questions.

I've had sore muscles in my neck and upper back for the past 2 days. I'm fighting a headache pretty much all of the time, too. I guess I am finally starting to have a few side effects from taking the lupron for 11 days. My first Follistim shot went fine this morning. I've used that medicine before, but in 4 months I had forgotten how hard you have to push the plunger to get 1 cc of medicine to go in (compared to 1/10 cc (10 iu) of lupron). This evening's shot will be the first one IM. We are going over to my brother's house so by DH can have some encouragement / help with the first one.

No comments: