Monday, July 02, 2001

Day 39 of IVF Prep

Cycle day 12, BCP day 33 (only 6 left), lupron shots start in 2 days.

I went to a funeral for a 4 year old boy yesterday. It was the first funeral I have attended for anyone under 16. He was killed in a car accident. His parents had done everything right, he was in his carseat, it was installed correctly, according to police the carseat did not fail, but the energy of a car going 50mph impacting their stopped car from behind was just too much. He and his 8 year old sister had been adopted from Russia 3 years ago when he was 15 months old (and weighed only 17 pounds). I started wondering if the risk of pain and heartache of having children is worth all of the pain and heartache of trying to have them in the first place. Life is so much simpler without kids, but my heart tells me that it is worth it and to keep trying, for now, at least.

No comments: