Tuesday, December 03, 2002

Solids at daycare

Yesterday DS tried (and apparently liked) rice cereal from a box. I was sort of hoping he wouldn't like it, but since he seems to like everything we have fed him I shouldn't be surprised. The menu said banana with breakfast, but they had pineapple instead, so we passed on the fruit in the morning. The menu also said apples with lunch, so I asked that the teacher puree some for him. They had applesause instead, and since it comes from the residence hall cafeteria I'm sure it was not "no sugar added". :-( Fortunately he didn't eat very much of it. (I've read somewhere that everything except banana needs to be cooked, so at least his applesauce was cooked since it was commercial, instead of getting raw apple.) Today I packed 1/2 a mushed banana and 2 pumpkin cubes for him so he won't have food that I don't know about in advance. I need to start thinking ahead in the evenings, even more than before!

No comments: