Thursday, December 19, 2002

The flu

We've had the flu at our house this week. DH started feeling bad Sunday evening, then it hit him hard Sunday night. He stayed home from work both Monday and Tuesday. He was so weak that I even stayed home on Monday to take care of him. Wednesday afternoon I started feeling bad and warned my boss that I might not be in on Thursday. By 9pm Wednesday I was in the bathroom, and I called my boss later to tell him that my prediction was right. I stayed home today but will probably go in tomorrow. I got over it in about 24 hours, whereas it took DH about 48 to feel better. We're hoping that all the good stuff in breastmilk will keep DS from getting it. Based on the incubation period from DH to me, if DS is still okay on Saturday then we will have escaped DS being sick.

No comments: