Thursday, December 12, 2002

Sad

I unsubscribed from Midwifery Today - Pregnancy, Birth, Homebirth and Midwife Information the email newsletter. There are several reasons, but the sad one is that it doesn't make me happy to read it anymore. One of the articles today was about how induction often leads to more intereventions. That's too close to home for me. I know our decisions were the best at the time, but I guess I am still grieving the birth experience I had hoped for. I do believe that we used as little intervention as possible, and we put off things the doctors and nurses wanted to do until we had tried less invasive options, but I still have a scar across my belly and in my heart. I just can't read about that stuff right now. The less emotional reasons include my mailbox being so full of baby and parenting newsletters and email that it's time to move away from the pregnancy and birth newsletters. I will definitely resub if I get pg again, though.

No comments: