Thursday, April 18, 2002

Official Due Date

My OB appointment went fine this morning. My cervix is thinning quite a bit more than last week, and is dilated a little (about to 2); fundal height is measuring right at 40, and I even gained a pound this week. We are scheduled for a biophysical profile (special sonogram) tomorrow. My Dr. said he expects it to be fine but since I'm 38 and have chronic hypertension he wants the test done today or tomorrow instead of waiting until next week. I also have an OB appt for next Thursday "if I'm still pregnant".

I'm feeling contractions more frequently than before, but they're still irregular and not very intense. Last night the baby was moving around a lot between them, so I wasn't sure if I was feeling baby or uterus, but after talking with my doula, I think I was feeling both. She said that babies move around as much or more during labor as they do earlier in the pregnancy.

I wouldn't mind at all if the baby decided to wait until Sunday. My singing group is competing on Saturday and I would really like to watch them.

No comments: