Thursday, April 11, 2002

39w1d

My OB appointment went well today. The doctor says I'm looking good, my BP was fine, the baby is low, and all is well. I measured 40cm. I did have a vaginal exam and am starting to dilate and efface a little. The exam was optional, but I thought it would be good to see how it feels now, so I won't be surprised during my first check while in labor. It was uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I spotted just a little afterwards, too. My PCP is extremely gentle with exams, too bad he stopped delivering babies!

I have noticed that my countdown dates on my blog headings are off by a day. I guess since conception was on a Wednesday, I started counting the next Thursday as Day 1, then Day 7 hit Wednesday so that became Week 1. I'm not sure how we got 4/18 as the due date, but it might have been from one of those "wheels" that doctors have.

No comments: