Thursday, March 21, 2002

We met with my "OB" (but really still Family Practice) doctor today. My BP was 130/90 at the start of the appointment, which is quite a bit higher than usual. After the standard questions and checking the baby's size (fundal height measuring 37 cm at 36 weeks, which is fine) and position (head down, facing my left a bit) and heartrate (also fine, but I didn't ask for the number), the doctor suggested that I lie down for a few minutes and he would have the nurse check it again. I don't have any other signs of toxemia, but he wanted to make sure that it was not any higher. While I waited (on my left side), my DH talked me through a visualization like we have been doing as part of our Bradley class relaxations. When the nurse rechecked my BP it was 110/70! I don't think it's been charted that low since my PG started.

I also learned that the wrist support that will be prescribed if I ask for it extends the wrist joint instead of just keeping it straight. And my Dr will plan on the first vaginal exam in 2 weeks -- he says that there is no point in doing one now, particularly since they are uncomfortable. We have the next 3 appointments scheduled for "first thing" on Thursdays. That way we don't have to go to work then leave and go back, we just go to the doctor then go to work late.

No comments: