Tuesday, March 26, 2002

According to FlyLady of FlyLady.net, I fit the definition of a SHE (Sidetracked Home Executive) who is living in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). We tend to be perfectionists who have messy houses (and offices) because we either don't start cleaning when we know we can't finish, or we get started and get sidetracked too easily. She focuses on creating routines and working in "baby steps". One of her mottos is "housework done incorrectly still blesses your family". Another one is "You can do anything for 15 minutes."

I just emptied and loaded the dishwasher and got the plastic recycle stuff ready to go (then my timer went off). Now I'm spending the next 15 minutes on email and blogging. My doula told me that if I have a hard time during labor, she will suggest we try something different "for 15 minutes" to see how it works. I will remember FlyLady's motto... I can do anything for 15 minutes!

No comments: