Wednesday, March 27, 2002

Today is Blog to a Baby's one year anniversary.

A lot has changed in the past year, the most obvious and probably most significant, is that I am pregnant and expecting a baby in about 3 weeks! When I chose the name Blog to a Baby I was intentionally being optimistic. I am so grateful to God and to my doctors that the IVF "worked".

DH and I survived having to give me shots for the fertility treatments, and we have pretty much adjusted to the idea that we really are going to be parents soon. I had a wonderful trip to New York city with my aunt and several other female relatives in May, including meeting and spending time with a cousin who lives about a mile from "Ground Zero". A few months later (just days after 9/11, actually), my aunt passed away. That was hard because it brought back memories of our family reunion in July 1998, just weeks before my mom passed away. I hope I'm still as close to my sister at 66 as those two were when my mom died, and that our children love their aunts as much as I and my cousins loved ours.

This blog has helped me cope with the stresses of fertility treatment and the ups and downs of pregnancy. I hope it has helped others in some way also. Soon it will evolve again, from a pregnancy journal to a new-mom journal, probably including the trials and tribulations of diapering, breastfeeding, and sleep-deprivation. Stay tuned for a birthstory and other baby things to come.

No comments: