Tuesday, September 04, 2001

7w6d Why do they call it morning sickness?

All week I have been having more nausea. It's not severe, but it is persistent. Any time my stomach gets close to being empty, I feel uncomfortable. I'm getting pretty tired of crackers already, too. I read somewhere that ginger helps relieve nausea, so I'm trying ginger snaps now instead of crackers all of the time. I'm not sure if they help any more than crackers, but they do taste better.

On a more cheerful note, we celebrated our 10th anniversary this weekend! We had a party with family and some friends and told the ones who didn't know yet. We also shared the good news at church. Before I told at church, I had the thought, "Get ready to become public property." I doubt that that sentiment will be true most of the time, but I can think of a few people who will want to know more than I will want to tell. There were only two people who made comments relating to us being childless for so long, one was very polite. She said, "I had just assumed that you two didn't want kids." My husband replied that that was not the case. Another wasn't quite as tactful, and neither was my response. It was more along the lines of "deciding 'now or never' after 10 years of marriage", and I replied "no, that's not true, sometimes God just takes a long time."

No comments: