Thursday, September 20, 2001

10w1d

It's been a lousy week. My aunt, with whom I was very close, died very early Sunday morning. I had been planning on going for a visit Sunday afternoon, but after receiving a phone call Saturday that said she wasn't expected to make it through the weekend, we drove 4 hours and saw her on Saturday. We stayed overnight, my cousin woke me around 3:30 a.m. to let me know my aunt had died. Later Sunday we drove 4 hours home. I stayed home from work Monday (which was supposed to be a vacation day for the visit) sick, then we drove back Tuesday for the prayer service, the funeral was Wednesday, then we drove back home yesterday.

All of the car travel made it more difficult than usual for me to keep the nausea and exhaustion under control. There was plenty of food available, with friends of the family bringing food to the house, but I didn't eat very much at a time and probably didn't choose as well as I could have. I still feel pretty lousy and am very tired, but I did manage to drag myself to work today, and I am actually getting quite a bit of work done, too.

No comments: