Wednesday, August 01, 2001

T minus 7 days and waiting

The nurse didn't call me yesterday with the CBC blood results like she said she would, so I'm assuming that everything looked relatively normal. I felt pretty rotten by evening; very "full" and uncomfortable feeling, almost any movement felt bad, and my chest felt heavy. My weight was up 3 more pounds when I was getting ready for bed, and I didn't sleep well. This morning my weight was back to the same as yesterday morning, so that made me feel a little better. I would have been worried if it had stayed up those 3, which would have been 8 lbs in 3 days.

I decided to stay home from work today, then slept (sporadically) in the recliner until noon. My abdomen doesn't feel as firm as it did yesterday, especially the upper part. Last night the area between my navel and breasts was very distended and pretty firm. I was starting to get concerned. But today I feel better and my abdomen is still bloated but more squishy, like normal.

One other thing, yesterday I started using one of my husband's old belts because the loosest notch on mine was way too tight. The difference from my next to the last belt notch (that I was using before retrieval) to the one I am using now is 3", and in the evening yesterday I was using one notch longer at 4" difference. (Not that I need a belt to hold my pants up, my belly is doing that pretty well on its own right now.) Maybe this is foreshadowing my next 9 months! If so, I can get used to it. :-)

No comments: