Sunday, August 26, 2001

I'm home from vacation! As much as I enjoy going on vacation, particularly a relaxing and rejuvenating one (as opposed to a touristy one), it sure is good to be home.

While on vacation, I did two hikes (on the same day). One was a flat 1/2 mile loop around a lake. That one was nice. The other was 1.2 miles (round trip), at a higher elevation, with a small altitude gain. I had to rest a lot on the way up, and I probaby overdid it, because I was still exhausted the next day.

I have discovered that drinking more than a few sips of water before food in the morning makes me feel "sloshy" and a bit nauseated. If I get up and go to the bathroom, then eat a couple of crackers with a bit of water before walking around much, my stomach is okay until breakfast. (Bacon and eggs actually sit better than cereal and milk, too.) Even though I felt a little uneasy several times during the past week, I still don't feel like I "have morning sickness".

One last note about vacation... tonight is my last POI shot! Yippee! (I am confident that the nurse and/or doctor will find a heartbeat tomorrow and that they will tell me to stop the shots!)

No comments: