Friday, January 17, 2003

Supplementing - sort of

My son may be drinking something besides my milk this afternoon. A friend of mine asked me about banking her milk because she dumps about 12 oz a day. Her freezer is full and she pumps that much more than her son drinks at daycare. Since we don't have a milk bank locally, I offered to take some of it off her hands. She brought me about 40 oz last night.

This morning DS had "Cheerio soup" make with her milk. (I invented "Cheerio soup" yesterday since DS needed cereal but we don't have any boxed baby cereal at home. It's my name for crushed cheerios mixed with milk.) I also sent a bottle with him to my sister's as a backup in case he drinks all 3 bottles of my milk and wants more before coming home. It is a little odd giving him someone else's milk, but I don't feel bad about it like I would if I were giving formula. My supply is still low, so our freezer stash was dwindling. I am more confident that my supply will pick back up before we get too low in the freezer now.

No comments: