Tuesday, August 27, 2002

DS slept until 5 this morning! Wow, 7 consecutive hours (and about 5 for me). That kind of got our nursing off schedule, though, so when I pumped this morning at 7:30 I didn't get very much. I didn't get very much at 9:45 either, but hopefully it will be enough for this afternoon so they don't have to use the other frozen bottle of milk for him.

Our frozen stock is getting really low, and I don't know what to do so I can "get ahead". If I were with DS all of the time I would not worry at all about whether he was getting enough milk. If he seemed hungry, I would feed him. And my milk supply would adjust. But when he is bottle fed, my milk supply doen't know that it needs to adjust.

I'm in my 8th week back at work, so the pattern hasn't really changed. I just have a bad feeling about it. Maybe I think that the daycare staff is too quick to give him a bottle, when he might not really be hungry. He will drink it if it's there, but if you distract him or make sure his diaper is okay, that may really be all he needs.

No comments: