Friday, May 25, 2001

Here we go! Day 1 of IVF Preparation

After 2 days of thinking it would be the day my cycle started, it finally has started, right on time. I'm having my Day 3 fsh and e2 labs done on Sunday morning, and I'm not happy about the time of day, but that's the way things will go now -- IF treatment has first priority on my time, unfortunately. The nurse was going to fax my boatload of Rx's to the pharmacy today, but we had a mix-up and it probably won't get done until Tuesday. Actually she forgot to write down the name of my pharmacy, then when she called me back to ask, I was on the phone (with the pharmacy) so she left a number for me to call, but when I called, a modem answered. I tried faxing a note to the number, but the fax wouldn't go through. Since they close at noon on Fridays I called the "emergency" number to have her paged and got a different nurse. So I called the pager service back to have the other pager called, but that lady said the other pager was turned off. I'm annoyed at the nurse, but it's actually okay, because I won't be needing any of those drugs for a couple of weeks yet.

Mood: crabby, and I'm not even on any drugs yet!
Physical symptons: normal minor period bloated and crampy feelings

No comments: