Monday, September 09, 2002

I am not a happy mommy

It's not really serious, but I do need to sit down with DS's lead teacher and talk about feeding again. When I got there at noon he was happily playing on the mattress under the gym-thingy, looking at the family pictures on the wall. (That's the good part.)

An assistant teacher went and wrote on his chart that he had just had a diaper change. I glanced at the chart and saw that he had last been feed at 11:30. Just 30 minutes ago! I sat down on the floor and played with him, and he spit up a little. Since I have an hour for lunch, I hung around, played some more, he spit up some more, I changed his diaper, and he seemed very happy and content... just a bit sleepy and not at all hungry. So I left without feeding him. I'm not going to try to feed my son when he is not hungry just because I'm on my lunch hour. The thing that bothers me is how late they fed him, instead of calling me. We need to set some standards, both for how late they will feed him before calling me and for what time I will be there for lunch.

It's just a matter of needing better communication, but I got a little teary driving back to work. I'll change my pumping schedule for this afternoon, and hopefully I'll be able to talk with the lead teacher this evening (but sometimes she's not there at 5 when I pick up DS).

No comments: