Thursday, July 25, 2002

Time flies!

One year ago today we had the egg retrieval for our IVF. Tonight I just finished putting my 3 month old son to sleep. Wow! In a way it doesn't seem like that long ago, but it also seems like a lifetime, DS's lifetime.

I don't get enough sleep. That's probably very common for new moms. Now that I am back to work, I don't get my naps. And after putting DS to bed, I stay up and watch the news or catch up on email or do a little (emphasis on little) housework. Sometimes DS will surprise me and sleep 5-6 hours in a row, but usually it is still 3-4 at night, and sometimes only 2-3 at a time.

I should go to bed now, but I need to get my clothes and breastpumps ready for tomorrow. I have 2, one Medela mini-electric that I use at home on one side before I go to work, after feeding DS on the other side. The other is an Avent ISIS manual that I take to work. It works just as fast and as well as the mini-electric, is quieter and more comfortable, and may even get let-down to come faster. By having 2, I don't have to wash one immediately after using it in the morning before going to work. I just rinse the milk out and wash it later in the evening.

No comments: