Wednesday, June 05, 2002

6 Weeks Old

DS is 6 weeks old today. Right now he is sleeping in the sling that is around my shoulder. I had my 6 week post-partum check on Monday and everything is fine with me.

We had our first babysitting adventure yesterday. I watched my 19 month old niece while her parents went to a funeral. We went to her house, because my sister recommended that it would be easier to travel with DS to her house than to bring a toddler into my house. It worked out fine. Sesame Street was on TV for an hour, and we sort of watched that part of the time. We read books and played with toys, too. DS slept about 1/2 of the time. I changed 3 diapers, 2 on DS & 1 on niece. I fed DS twice & niece once (didn't breastfeed her, but I wondered what she was thinking when I did BF DS).

DH & I finally had some intimate time last night after DS went to sleep. Fatigue has been the bigger factor (not Dr.'s orders) that has kept us from doing more than sharing a good-night kiss and cuddling a little, but it's good to get the "okay" from the Dr., too. He said it's all up to me now. ;-) ;-)

No comments: