Tuesday, November 20, 2001

18w6d

The u/s went fine this morning. I didn't drink as much water as was recommended, but that's good because the u/s tech had me partially empty my bladder before we got very far. As we were doing the exam, my bladder got fuller again (probably because I spread out the drinking instead of doing it all at the same time 1.5 hours before the appointment). I just couldn't drink 50 oz of water quickly first thing in the morning.

We saw the baby's head, abdomen, spine, arms and legs. The head was almost as big as the abdomen! We saw the heart beating and the tech pointed out both my bladder and the baby's. I have some pictures, but as my DH said, "it's like looking at clouds". The skull is pretty easy to identify, but everything else is just white marks (bones) and dark areas (fluid).

No comments: