Friday, November 09, 2001

17w2d

My Dr. appointment yesterday went fine. I had gained a couple of pounds since last time, so my Dr. isn't worried about that anymore. When using the Doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat, he had to move it around several times because the baby was moving a lot. He said I will probably feel the baby moving soon, and that's it's possible that I already have but didn't realize what it was.

I had another friend put her hand on my belly yesterday evening. I let her know that I didn't appreciate it. She told me that lots of people will do it, and I told her that that doesn't mean that I have to like it or to let them do it more than once. I plan to let anyone who touches me (or "the baby") without asking know that I consider it inappropriate. Just because people can see that I am growing a baby doesn't make my abdomen public property! Why do people do that? < / off soap box>

No comments: