Monday, April 16, 2001

Today is my birthday, and it's pretty much a downer. I am 37. Last summer I set a "deadline" of today to be pregnant or stop treatments and stop trying (temps, calendar, etc. -- but not stop sex, of course). As the fertility treatment has progressed, I have revised the "deadline" to be having a due date by my next birthday. That will give us time for 1 IVF attempt this summer. (My RE does IVF cycles in bunches every 2-3 months, not constantly ongoing.)

When my mom turned 37, she had 3 children and the 4th on the way. If she knew about the 4th one, it was very new news. She told me once that it was harder having kids when you are older -- both physically and emotionally. I wish she was still around so we could talk about it and I could cry on her shoulder.

No comments: