Saturday, April 28, 2001

My husband and I have been talking about IVF a lot lately (okay, not a lot, but we have been talking about it). One of the topics that comes up is the cost. My RE's office literature says that they require payment prior to starting treatment. I find this interesting since I have never had any other medical service that required up front (before the service) payment, but then again, my insurance usually covers everything except a small co-pay.

The 60 page booklet of information and instructions mentions Medical Business Solutions, Inc. as a source of financing. Since I had never heard of them, I did a web search and found this article using Google. (Lycos didn't find anything relevant, by the way.) From there I also found this series of articles about financing infertility treatment in general.

I've looked the site over a little; here is a link to the company. The web site talks about membership in the IVF Finance and Support Membership Plan. The memberships gets you benefits such as application for an unsecured loan, discounts on meds, and refund of the membership fee if the loan is not approved. The only thing missing from the web page is what the loan rate will be, but since IVF Finance is not the lender, I guess that will vary depending on your credit rating.

No comments: