Tuesday, May 20, 2003

An update

It has been so long between updates that I'm not even going to try "catching up". This entry is about crying. DS cried unconsolably yesterday evening for about 5-10 minutes. It sure seemed like much longer, but that's all it was. I think we just waited too late for supper. He was very happy and playful when we got home after work and daycare. He was starting to get fussy, so DH changed his diaper while I was fixing dinner. Then DS would not stop crying. He didn't want a bottle; he didn't want Cheerios; he didn't want to play. So I just held him and rocked (which he didn't seem to like much either) and talked to him softly. Eventually he calmed down, but would start crying again without any apparent provocation. We gave him some Tylenol because we are pretty sure he is teething (lots more drool & now sucks / chews on all 4 fingers at a time instead of just 2). A few minutes after the Tylenol, when I had started eating while holding him, DS seemed interested in eating, too, so I gave him some of my potatoes. After that he ate a lot! I guess his little tummy tolerates being empty not even as well as my pregnant tummy does. :-(

No comments: