Tuesday, January 08, 2002

25w6d

The class went fine last night. There were 6 couples. I am due the latest of all of us. And I was the only one who definitely wants to go natural. I was really surprised by that! One or two of the other gals seemed undecided, but leaning toward medication of some kind. We watched a film of 2 natural births, with the husbands being very encouraging & supportive. Afterward, my DH said that maybe hiring a doula wouldn't be such a bad idea afterall... he didn't really want to be a "cheerleader" for several hours. (That's fine with me, it's not his style of support anyway.)

Our teacher is a former doula also, and she admits to having fairly radical opinions in relation to hospital procedures. She did emphasize at the beginning of class that Lamaze is for educating the couple to make the best decision for themselves, not to push any one way of doing things. This will get interesting when we start Bradley classes on Sunday.

No comments: