Friday, June 22, 2001

Email posted to 2 of my lists for discussion:

My DH and I had a discussion several nights ago that included "what to do with the extra embryos". (I'm still on bcp and will start lupron 7/4 for our first ivf attempt.) Right now we are both of the mindset that we will try IVF once and only once. But then there is the thought of "what if I do get pregnant but have a miscarriage"... we know "it works" and it sure would be good to have any extra embryos waiting in the freezer. But then there's also the thought of... if we get more than 3 and can't transfer them all, doesn't it make sense to save the others in case it doesn't work? We are definitely agreed that if we do get pg and go to term, we won't use ivf for a 2nd child. And I think neither one of us wants to do the whole $11,000 ivf from scratch more than once, but the inbetween options are more confusing.

So my question for you all is this: How did you decide to do FET or more than one IVF cycle?

No comments: