Friday, June 04, 2004

Email to Unschooling In The Midwest group

Hi, I'm Nancy.

I'm mom to 2 boys, ages 25 months & 8 months. I love watching my sons figure things out and learn on their own, so I am learning all I can about homeschooling (specifically unschooling) now. I really like that the more I learn about unschooling, the more I like it and the more I realize how it is right for me. (Take learning about homeschooling and unschooling, for instance. :-) I hope that over the course of the next 3 years (before the older boy is supposed to enroll in school) I can demonstrate to my husband that it is the right way to go for the boys, too.

As a perfect example, my 2 year old son loves jigsaw puzzles. He is a whiz at them. Last Sunday a friend from church gave him 3 books, each with 5 12 piece puzzles. The frame is a plain rectangle and there are not lines to help show where the pieces go. He has only worked on puzzles with standard jigsaw shapes a few times. Last night (only 4 days after he got them) I watched him to one completely by himself.

No comments: