Monday, February 24, 2003

It's been an interesting couple of days.

Yesterday we had only 23 people at church (usually there are 60-70) because of an impending snow storm. The pastor and song leader (DH) came down to the pew level, and everyone else sat in the first 3 pews. I got the sound system set up while one of the guys held DS, then one of the gals shared her hymnal with me. The pastor asked for volunteers to read the scripture passages and two different people came forward. For me, it was just an awesome worship experience!

Today, DS and I got to stay home, like most other people who have anything to do with schools in our half of the state. We got over 10 inches of snow yesterday and over 140 schools and daycares announced closures for today. The high temperatures were in the teens and wind chills were below zero. My work (a university), did not close, but since the daycare did, we got to stay home.

No comments: